Follow the registration instructions below if you are a new student with no affiliation to any Rutgers degree program.
You must have earned a bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college or university. Please request an official copy of your transcript from your undergraduate institution.
You will need to submit a professional or academic letter of recommendation.
A brief personal statement is required for the application.
Visit the Graduate Admissions website to apply online.
- Create an applicant account by providing a login and personal identification number (PIN)
- Select "Nondegree application."
- Complete the application. NOTE: When you get to the "Program" portion, you will select "Professional Credit Programs" from the dropdown menu. You'll see "Education: Gifted Education Certificate Program." Click the fall semester.
- When you have completed the application and uploaded your transcript and letter of recommendation, click "submit" to submit your materials to the Graduate Admissions office.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly to:
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
56 College Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8541 U.S.A.
848-932-7711 | Use our contact form | Get directions
*Please note students already matriculated into a Rutgers University Graduate School of Education Degree Program do not need to apply. If you are not matriculated in a Rutgers University Graduate School of Education Degree Program, you must apply through the Graduate Admissions website.