Beginning September 1, 2020, the Rutgers University–New Brunswick Office of Summer and Winter Sessions will no longer be participating in the Rutgers Gifted Education Certificate Program and conference. All inquiries should be directed to the Rutgers Graduate School of Education.
Follow the registration instructions below if you are a new student with no affiliation to any Rutgers degree program.
You must have earned a bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college or university. Please request an official copy of your transcript from your undergraduate institution.
You will need to submit a professional or academic letter of recommendation.
A brief personal statement is required for the application.
Visit the Graduate Admissions website to apply online.
- Create an applicant account by providing a login and personal identification number (PIN)
- Select "Nondegree application."
- Complete the application. NOTE: When you get to the "Program" portion, you will select "Professional Credit Programs" from the dropdown menu. You'll see "Education: Gifted Education Certificate Program." Click the fall semester.
- When you have completed the application and uploaded your transcript and letter of recommendation, click "submit" to submit your materials to the Graduate Admissions office.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly to:
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
56 College Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8541 U.S.A.
848-932-7711 | Use our contact form | Get directions
*Please note students already matriculated into a Rutgers University Graduate School of Education Degree Program do not need to apply. If you are not matriculated in a Rutgers University Graduate School of Education Degree Program, you must apply through the Graduate Admissions website.